The beach is currently OPEN to VEHICLES at this time.
The Yucca, Bay Avenue and Main entrances are accessible at this time. A $12.00 annual beach pass is required per vehicle for entry.
**Beach passes can be purchased at entrance booths, Circle K, Surfside Foodmart and Surfside Loco.**
Dune Restoration Application under GLO Emergency Rule
Repairs that Do Not Currently Require a Permit:
- Plumbing repairs including the reattachment of candy canes.
- Moving sand from underneath your home, but only to the edge of your own lot for now.
Moving sand off the lot is not allowed without GLO approval.
- Bringing in pervious material ONLY (such as gravel or crushed concrete) to maintain your existing driveway.
Creating new driveways is not allowed without GLO approval.
**Please do not do anything to your enclosures without contacting the building official, Kay Huffman, as there are FEMA regulations governing their construction.
**Please do not bring in sand for washouts yet, this will require GLO approval.
BE PREPARED!! Hurricane Prep Information
Notice of Proposed Tax Rate
CLICK HERE for more information.
The Center For Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following precautionary measures and guidelines to keep you healthy and prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
• Keep away from others that are sick
• Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places
• Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
• Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
• Avoid all non-essential travel
According to the CDC, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately. Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home.
CLICK HERE for details about the Beach Wheelchair available to rent at City Hall.
Election 2020 News
Election will be held on November 3rd, 2020. Don't forget to vote!!
News & Announcements
CLICK HERE to go to the projects page.
Evacuation routes in the event of a hurricane:
**HURRICANE EVACUATION MAP**
CALL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES
Copyright © Village of Surfside Beach, TX 2016. All rights reserved.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM