The following volunteer opportunities are available through committees recognized by village ordinances:
Planning Commissionreviews zoning variances, subdivisions, and comprehensive planning issues and makes recommendations to village council
- meets last Wednesday of the month at City Hall at 7pm
- 7-member committee with 4 alternates
- head of committee: John Gerber & Sean Robertson
We currently have openings for alternates.
Tourism / Beautification Committeeplans and implements beautification projects for the village including landscaping and beach beautification projects
- meets once a month or more for work projects
- 5-member committee with 3 alternates and a friends of beautification committee work group
We currently have openings for members, alternates. and friends of the committee.
Historical Committeeplans and works on projects associated with the Surfside Museum and the Fort Velasco Historical Site
We currently have openings for members, alternates, and friends of the committee.
Beach Advisory CommitteeAn advisory group of the Village Council that addresses Beach and Dune issues.
- meets once a month
- 5-member committee
To be considered for any of these groups, complete the following form, and submit it to the City Secretary.